Registration Information for Canadian-licensed LPNs, RNs, and RPNs

Are you a licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, or registered psychiatric nurse licensed to practice in Canada? To be eligible to work as a Health Care Assistant (HCA) in any publicly funded health care setting in BC, applicants must be registered with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.  

Application Requirements:

Canadian Nursing Licence

As a Canadian-trained or Canadian-licensed LPN, RN, or RPN you need to supply official proof of your current (or recently expired) LPN /RN/RPN nursing licence. This proof should show your status and registration number. Proof of payment is also sufficient.

Note: If you are not licensed to practise in BC, you will need to supply a resume outlining your experience working as a licensed LPN, RN, or RPN in Canada within the past five years. Your resume should be combined with your nursing licence and uploaded in the same file.

Proof of training from your Educational Institution(s)

You will need to provide information about your health care education and training, and supply one of these accepted documents:

  • Certificate/Diploma/Degree
  • Official transcript

* Nursing program must be approved by a Canadian nursing regulatory body.

If the name on your documents does not match the name on your application, please upload official proof of your name change:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certificate of Name Change

For information on how to apply for a legal change of name, refer to the British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency.

Choose a Career in Providing Care

Site Map

Privacy Policy

Terms Of Use

Contact Us