Expedited Pathway Stipend
The Expedited Registration Pathway for Graduates of an HCA program in Canada (outside BC) was revised in March 2020 to streamline registrations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Under this revised pathway, candidates now complete online orientation modules (12 hours) prior to becoming employed with a BC employer. Identification of a Participating Employer is not required in the revised pathway. A $250.00 stipend became available in October 2020, to compensate registrants for the time required to complete the online orientation modules, once registered and employed as a Health Care Assistant (HCA) in BC.
Expedited Pathway Stipend Eligibility
One-time payment of $250.00 will be paid through the Health Match BC Choose2Care Program (HEABC) to qualified Expedited Pathway registrants based on the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must qualify for the Expedited Pathway to register with the BC Care Aide Registry.
- Candidate submits a completed Expedited Pathway Stipend Application Form with all supporting documents to the Choose2Care team at Health Match BC.
- Candidate’s primary residence is in British Columbia.
- Candidate provides a BC Care Aide Registry number and has an Active – Good Standing status.
- Candidate provides a transcript from the Learning Hub as proof of completion of the HCA Standardized Orientation program, including the HCA Practice in BC course that became available in October 2020.
- Candidate must provide proof of employment as a Health Care Assistant (HCA) in BC by having a Nurse Manager or Human Resources Representative submit a satisfactory Confirmation of Employment Letter to the Health Match BC HCA team at email@example.com.
- Candidate has a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) as of the date the funds are issued to be eligible to receive the stipend from Health Match BC / HEABC.
Important note: The free, online HCA Practice in BC course also supports professional development requirements for current employees and is available to all learners and can be accessed as a stand-alone course at https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Courses/24104. Please note that there is no stipend available for current HCA employees to take this course.
To apply for this stipend, please complete the Expedited Pathway Stipend Application Form and upload all required documents.
The Choose2Care team will process your application within 5 business days from the submission date. Please note that the processing time may vary if the application is incomplete.
*Please ensure to review all requirements and gather appropriate documents before completing the application form as the system will not allow to save your progress.
Expedited Pathway Stipend Application Form
Choose a Career in Providing Care